Urgently Required: Senior Accountant
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Tasks & Duties
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information..
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Uniformed Security officers, act to protect property by maintaining a high-visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions, observing (either directly, through patrols, or by watching alarm systems or video cameras) for signs of crime, fire or disorder; then taking action and reporting any incidents to their client and emergency services as appropriate.
Tasks & Duties
- Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property..
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Drive and guard armored vehicle to transport money and valuables to prevent theft and ensure safe delivery.
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler.
What we Expect from you?
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times..
- Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do..
- Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing -- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Learning -- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Instructing -- Teaching others how to do something.
- Negotiation -- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving -- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Learning Strategies -- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things..
- Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
Knowledge & Experience
- Public Safety and Security -- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Law and Government -- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Clerical -- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
The Driver & Security Officer will drive assigned vehicle and advise on security matters within work environments.
- Minimum of a good grade in secondary school level education.
- Minimum 5 years experience driving a company vehicle. Driving for an International Organization or NGO would be an added advantage.
- Possession of a clean and valid Driving License is a condition for employment.
- Ability to make good judgment on staff safety and provide appropriate advice.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- General familiarity with travel and security issues in Bahrain is desired. Ability to adjust to shifting travel and security circumstances and facilitate operations accordingly.
- Good oral and written English required. Proficiency in local/other language a plus.
- Team Player
What we Expect from you?
- Responsible for the safe operation, usage and maintenance of the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures all duties as driver of the assigned vehicle are performed in adherence with local traffic laws Policies.
- Reports any problems identified in the vehicle and also ensures all licenses and documents relating to the vehicle are renewed on time and as required.
- Supports program implementation through the implementation of safety approaches, procedures and protocols.
- Reports and advises on any risks and/or incidents.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Operational Manager.